Thursday, May 5, 2011

Immitation of Jeanette

I never believed in the tooth fairy. My parents let me believe in other things, but they didnt want me to think money was just something thatappeared. They wanted me to understand that it came from their hard work. But we werent kids who never got to experience having an imagination. My mom and dad always gave us lots of money for our tooth, and took us out to do something special. One time we went ro eat icecream for dinner because i had lost my tooth and it was soft to eat.
"Be careful, don't spill the icecream on your clothes!", my dad said laughing.
"I wont! I'm a pro at eating icecream! If there was a contest, I would win!", I said.
My family, and i sat under a tree and ate our icecream. Even though we didnt have the tooth fairy, we still had a tooth losing experience.

I used a personal experience and something we as children got that not many kids did to immitate Jeannette's writing style. Jeannette is to the point, and elaborates on reasons why, and how she felt as the writing continues. I used this by right away telling the readers what I was going to talk about, and then later expanding on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment